An open call for tree planters from Andover Trees
Tree Planting Fortnight and volunteer workdays will go ahead as they are not currently restricted from the government COVID guidelines. Numbers will be limited.
- They still have 1000 trees to get in the ground, including 25 ‘mature’ trees that will form a new arboretum area in the wood. 1 mature British native tree will be dedicated to each participating school, and the arboretum will commemorate lives lost and lives changed by the pandemic.
- They still have school groups booked in to plant trees in the woods during planting fortnight ( 16th – 27th Nov).
- They have several failed trees from previous years that need to be replaced and a new hedgerow that needs to be planted
- They do not have the usual ~1000 children to plant their trees this year – so they now need YOU.
How can you help?
- Volunteer to help run School’s Tree Planting Fortnight (Mon-Fri between Nov 16th – 27th)
- Plant trees during our Saturday workdays (starting Nov 14th, see poster below)
- Plant trees during our Monday workdays (every Monday 10am – 1pm)
- If you have a child attending a local school, bring them up to the woods on a weekend workday so that they do not miss this important opportunity to add their own tree to the woods (please let us know which school you can represent).
To sign up, please email email@example.com.
Our site is Covid secure and working to government guidelines and the safety of our volunteers is of the utmost importance to us. We have plenty of space to ensure you do not socially mix with anyone outside your ‘bubble’ at all times, and you will not be in close contact with school children or other volunteers.
No experience of tree planting is needed, all will be explained and participation is FREE.