School summer holiday are looking different for 2020, but with the ease of lockdown there are thing’s that we can now enjoy with our children.
When are they ?
School summer holidays take place on Thursday 23rd July 2020- Wednesday 2nd September 2020
Some Schools are breaking up earlier, due to inset days, or preparations for ensuring school are safe for the return of all children back to school in September, check with your child’s school for details.
The government has published its safety plans for England’s return to school in September – built on the principle of keeping classes or whole year groups apart in separate “bubbles”. Read more on this here
If you’re thinking about holiday childcare activities over the summer, please see the following guidance from Department for Education on the Goverment website here.
- Ph Sports is being run at Kimpton Primary School , further details can be found here
- Connect 4 summer provide up to 10 free childcare sessions to families in receipt of Free School Meals (FSM) with working parents. Read more here
- The Scott centre, Open from 8:30am-3/5:00pm Monday to Friday. To book your place please call 01264 332188 or email email@example.com
Places to visit
Most family attractions are now reopen in time for the school summer holidays, you need to pre book to visit, and follow the changes that they have put in place to keep us and our children safe whilst we visit them. Click here for further details
The Iron Age side of the museum will be open (not the Andover Museum side) on Sat 1 August and on Thurs 10am – 5pm, Friday 10am – 5pm and Sat 10am – 4pm .
Entry will be by pre-booked FREE tickets. Book your ticket via this link here
- This year the annual Summer Reading Challenge is taking place online, Read more details here
- Four Fun Friday, There will be workshops taking place in the Chantry Centre but these will have to be booked in advance. They will also be creating a weekly creative trail to encourage families to explore the town centre, but nothing that would encourage groups of people to gather together. They are hoping for some other small activities but this will be dependent on government guidance regarding live performance outdoors, but again, this will have to be booked in advance. Read more here
- The Big Butterfly Count 2020 will run from Friday 17 July to Sunday 9 August. Read more details here
- The YMCA in Augusta park have a variety of activities for various ages, including family scavenger hunts and art competitions.Please note that they have limited to spaces due to social distancing, so all activities will need to be booked in advance of the day. Visit their Facebook page here for further details
- Take part in Andover Trees monthly art gallery, read more here
Please visit the events section of our website here to see local events that are taking place in Andover and surrounding areas.
Looking for some ideas for free things to enjoy with the children during the school summer holidays? Click here !
Do you have something great on offer in Andover this Summer ?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can be added to our summer holiday guide.