The next Bank holiday takes place on the 30th August . Here’s a few suggestions for you that we think you would enjoy.
- Funfair, The funfair is in town August 27 – August 30. Smannel Road field, , Playing field , Andover , Hants, SP11 6JP
- Whitchurch Scarecrow Hunt, August 28 – August 30. After last years great event, The Great Whitchurch Scarecrow Trail is back for another year. Come and see all the amazing creations August Bank Holiday Weekend! Free to enter, free trail maps supplied.
- Indoor Pop-Up Market, August 28 10:00 am – 5:00 pm The Chantry Centre, Chantry St, Andover, Hampshire SP10 1RL
- Andover Rocks open afternoon, August 28 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm The Swallow, Pilgrims Way, Andover SP10 5HY . Rocks is presenting an open afternoon at the Swallow on Saturday 28th August, please feel free to pop down, say hi, ask questions, purchase your programmes or rocks.
- Anton Fun Day. August 28 @ 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm The Anton Arms, Salisbury Rd, Andover . Family fun day is in the 28th August where we also have the great JOHN SPRINGETT singing live!! Don’t forget to get those votes in for the team member you want to see get “iced bucketed” Votes cost 50p and all money raised goes towards Macmillan Cancer Support.
- Family Summer’s End Picnic with Fireworks. August 28 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm Sir Harold Hillier Gardens, Jermyns Lane Romsey, SO51 0QA . Rescheduled from Saturday 29 July 2021 Celebrate the end of the summer with the talented 75-piece orchestra and singers, Pops Incorporated UK. Internationally known having performed in Washington USA, Canada and Disney Land also the Royal Festival Hall London.
- Messy Vintage, August 29 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm St Paul’s Church and Community Centre, Smannell Road Andover,Aimed at the young at heart Messy Vintage is a time to gather together make a craft, enjoy a short time of reflection,and afternoon tea.
- Family Fun Day 2021, August 29 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Furlock Holmes, Furlock Holmes Animal Care Whitchurch, RG28 7JL. annual Family Fun Day event on 29th August 2021 from 12pm to 4pm. After last year’s event was cancelled due to COVID, we are expecting twice the fun this year! With everything from an inflatable obstacle course and ice cream van, to pony grooming and a dog show.
- Andover Central club family fun day August 29 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm Central Club, East Street,Andover. During the day they have live sports on the big screen and then in the evening its family bingo time and disco with KJC Disco’s. (8:30pm start). Non members welcomed.
- Plough Fest, August 29 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm The Plough, Plough Inn Grateley SP11 8JR. Local Bands + Singers to entertain us all day long.. This will be an outside event + of course we will keep you topped up with food + drinks, hopefully the sun will shine + we can BBQ. Acts so far Deadblow Ellis Crew Candy Lizzie Cullen Fred Irwin
- Southampton Arms bank holiday event, August 29 @ 8:30 pm – 11:00 pm Southampton Arms, 32 Winchester Road Andover, Hampshire SP10 2EG , live music and Karaoke.
- Anton Rotary great duck day is shaping up to be a brilliant day on August bank holiday, Monday, 30th August at the Town Mills riverside park starting at 11.00 am. Every race now has its own sponsor thanks to the generosity of the following businesses. So Anton Rotary would like to thank BRC Accountants, Ranson & Houghton Solicitors, Chris’s Barbers, Ben’s Dry Cleaners & Crisp & Clean, Andover Patio Centre and New Street Dental Care for their wonderful support. The club is delighted to have secured the services of the Quest Band from Farnborough who will be playing and singing hits from the sixties and seventies throughout the afternoon. Read more here
Other events can be found in our whats on event diary here, if your holding an event you can add it for free via this link so all families are in the know about it.
If you have something great you want local families to know about please email me email@example.com
More summer holiday ideas can be found in the following articles
- Our full summer holiday guide can be found here
- No seaside to be found in Andover. So here we have put together where the closest beaches can be found for us to enjoy with our families. here
- Sunny day suggestions can be found here
- Have you signed up to the summer reading challenge?.More details can be found here