The Royal British Legion calls on the nation to mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day from home.
On Friday 8 May they invite us all to pay tribute to the service and sacrifice of the entire Second World War generation.
With members of the public unable to attend VE Day 75 events, The Royal British Legion is playing a key role in the delivery of a range of remote activity, including:
- A live VE Day 75 livestream at 11.15am
- National moments of Remembrance and thanksgiving, including a Two Minute Silence. At 11am, they are encouraging people across all generations and communities to take part in a national moment of Remembrance and pause for a Two Minute Silence to honour the service and sacrifice of the Second World War generation and reflect on the devastating impact Covid-19 has had on so many lives across the world.
- A UK-wide singalong to Vera Lynn’s ‘We’ll Meet Again at 9pm
- A VE Day learning pack for children aged 7-14 years
- An evening of memories and music in partnership with the BBC from 8pm on BBC One