Kaz Trinder from Out of the Artbox in Andover has shared with us this idea of creating a fun way to countdown the days to Christmas with our children.
Santa down the chimney slider
What you need
- Paper plate
- A4 piece of card
- Felt tips
- Hole punch
How to make it
- Using a ruler draw 3 equal lines down your A4 card. Then drawn 8 lines across 2 inches apart. You should now have 24 spaces.
- Write 1 to 24 in each empty space.
- Cut down the 3 lines so you now have 3 separate strips. Connect the strips together start with 1 at the top 24 at the bottom.Draw a house roof top and chimney on the plater plate. Cut along roof of the house.
- Attach the paper plate house just below number 24
- Perpare a slider by folding a piece of paper In half cut a small rectangle window out. Big enough to see the numbers. Stick only at the edges. Draw colour a santa. Cut out and glue to the side of your slider.
- Slip the slider on to your number strip.
- Lastly punch a whole the top add string. Hang on the wall.