“Enabling choice and independence” is at the heart of what we do and as a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Supporting clients to access a varied range of leisure and educational activities in the local community
Supporting clients to participate in all activities as per their individual support/care plan including personal hygiene, meal preparation, domestic and tenancy related tasks, budgeting and personal finance.
Introducing clients to a range of facilities and amenities in the local area, working alongside the client to explore and create opportunities for social and leisure activities.
Assisting clients to maintain friendships and family links as well as helping clients to form new relationships.
Facilitating and supporting clients in decision making, promoting choice and independence
We have a variety of different roles available ranging from 7.5 to 30 hours per week. These roles offer great flexibility and include weekend and evening working patterns. For more information about our specific vacancies and to view our available working patterns please visit our website at https://andovermencap.org/careers
What you’ll need:
Experience is not necessary as full training will be provided. To succeed in this exciting and rewarding role you will need:
- Fantastic communication skills and a caring manner
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Flexible with your availability and willing to work every other weekend
- Commitment to continuous learning and development
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards this qualification
How to apply:
To apply please request an application pack from email@example.com.
Should you have any queries or would like to discuss the role further please contact on of the HR Team on 01264 321840.
The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check and references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org