We know a thing or two about apprenticeships, they have always played a part in our business and a number of our directors started their careers as apprentices with us. With apprentices out in the field, at our manufacturing sites and in our engineering teams we have opportunities to nurture a wide range of talents from NVQ through to degree level.
Choosing to study for an apprenticeship with Stannah can be both an inspiring and rewarding way to start your career. As an apprentice, you can expect support to achieve your potential and know that no two days will be the same
We have an exciting career opportunity for an Apprentice Engineer, to join our team at Stannah Stairlifts based in Andover.
As you progress through our Apprentice programme, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate the knowledge and skills that you will gain from working closely with our experienced engineers, whilst attending University on day/block release to achieve academic qualifications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete a structured training programme within the Engineering Department and throughout the business as appropriate.
- Be an active member of the engineering design team, supporting the activities of the Test and Development team.
- Carry out tasks and duties as directed by the Lead Test Engineer to contribute to the requisite levels of performance and competence.
- Develop a working understanding in the principles of engineering design verification.
- Undertake training in the use of graphical software programming languages.
- Undertake training in electrical hardware design for interfacing with sensors and actuators.
- Undertake training in Computer Aided Design (CAD) for test equipment design and technical diagrams.
- Develop test and measurement skills utilising equipment such as multi-meters, signal generators and oscilloscopes.
- Develop practical skills such as soldering, prototype PCB manufacture, electrical assembly and use of hand tools for the development of test equipment.
- Development of communication and behavioural skills required in order to become an effective Engineer.
- Attendance to an educational establishment on a day release or block release basis leading to recognised qualification over a 4 – 6 year period (dependant on entry qualifications).
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers-stannah.icims.com/jobs/1813/apprentice-engineer/job →