We know a thing or two about apprenticeships too. They have always played a part in our business and a number of our directors started their careers as apprentices with us
Choosing to study for an apprenticeship with Stannah can be both an inspiring and rewarding way to start your career. As an apprentice, you can expect support to achieve your potential and know that no two days will be the same
Through work experience, studying, coaching, training and development (both practical and vocational) complete a course of study and obtain work related professional qualifications ensuring they are able to carry out the role of a skilled sheet metal operative competently and effectively within a pre-determined time frame
We have an exciting career opportunity for an Apprentice Welder/Sheet Metal Worker to join our Lifts Division based in Andover
Our Apprenticeship training programme is three to four years in duration and includes both practical training and further education. As you progress through our NVQ programme, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate the knowledge and skills that you will gain from working closely with our experienced engineers, whilst attending college on day release to achieve academic qualifications.
To be considered for a Apprenticeship you must have achieved a minimum of GCSE Grade 4 – 9 (A-C) passes in Maths, English and a Science subject
Closing date for applications: End of March
Interviews to be held week beginning: April / May
- Year one – 6 months training at SETA, 6 months at Stannah lifts.
- Year two – Working at Stannah lifts with day release at SETA.
- Years three and four – Working at Stannah. Completing work place assessments via SETA.
- Produce welded and sheet metal parts from technical drawings
- Be multi skilled and be able to rotate through all of the sheet metal cutting and folding machines.
- Be flexible and be able to move to other areas within the shop floor when called upon.
- To maintain a high standard and quality of work
- Ensure safe working practices at all times and follow the RA/SSOW.
- Responsible for good housekeeping in your own work area
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers-stannah.icims.com/jobs/1780/apprentice-welder/job →