Do you have experience of youth engagement?
Would you like to help us create a fantastic youth club for young people throughout Andover? If your answers are ‘yes’, we at YMCA Andover would love to hear from you! Please see the poster below for more information!
YMCA Andover is launching a new weekly youth club on a Tuesday evening.
This position is £10 per hour for three hours a week plus training and occasional trips. There is the possibility of the hours increasing, plus Saturday delivery.
Location: Augusta Park, East Anton.
To be successful in the role you may need to have:
- A genuine enthusiasm for the work of the organisation
- A commitment to the empowerment and participation of young people
- An enthusiasm for positively transforming communities
- An open minded and non-judgmental attitude
- A creative and flexible approach
- An ability to problem solve
- Able to motivate others and to work alone
- Experience of working with challenging young people and delivering developmental youth programmes.
- Experience in evaluating youth programmes and an understanding of the factors which contribute towards a successful intervention.
- An understanding of the issues facing young people within their community.
- An understanding of the principals of Risk Assessment.
- A basic level of computer literacy.
- An understanding of equality and diversity issues.
- A driving licence.
- First Aid Certified or willingness to train
- MIDAS or willingness to train
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org