If you’re heading out to a local beauty spot over the Easter holidays, help keep your vehicle safe by following some simple advice.
- Never leave valuable possessions such as handbags, laptops, phones or sat navs on show inside your car.
- Even items of little value, such as shopping bags and clothing, may tempt a thief.
- Don’t hide your valuables in the boot. Someone may be watching.
- Always lock your car, wind up the windows and close the sunroof, even if you’re only leaving it for a few minutes.
- Double check it’s locked. It only takes a few seconds for your valuables to be stolen from an unlocked car.
For more crime prevention tips, go to: https://www.hampshire.police.uk/advice/protecting-your-home-and-belongings/vehicle-crime/