Here you can find information and advice on loneliness and social isolation
Loneliness is an unpleasant emotional response to perceived isolation. Loneliness is also described as social pain—a psychological mechanism which motivates individuals to seek social connections. It is often associated with an unwanted lack of connection and intimacy. Anybody can feel lonely.
- Local childrens classes in Andover and surrounding areas can be found here
- The Mush App, for Mums. Click here for details
Local support groups
- Andover Neighbourcare, 14 Union Street,SP10 1PA , 01264 339899
- Age Uk, For more information call Age UK on 0800 169 8787.
- Andover Meet Me, Further details can be found here
- Accompany Me (Andover), Click here to join the facebook group
- Chatty cafe, Further details can be found here
When you’re feeling isolated, volunteering helps to get you out into the world and connects you with the community around you. We are always looking for Volunteers to join us here at Love Andover, to register your interest in joining us, please fill out your details in this form here, and we will be in touch soon.
Here are some articles you may find useful:
This week, 15-19 June 2020, is National Loneliness Awareness Week so why not take some time out to check in on your colleagues, friends and family? This year’s campaign is called ‘One Less Lonely Voice’ – taking the ‘one’ out of loneliness, to signify one less lonely voice.