News

Andover Woman Dies at Devon Campsite

A 20 year old Andover woman who was described as "kind and loving" has died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning while on a camping holiday in Devon. [Read more...]

A 20 year old Andover woman who was described as “kind and loving” has died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning while on a camping holiday in Devon.

Bethan O’Brien, 20, from Andover in Hampshire, was on a surfing trip in Braunton, Devon (5 miles west of Barnstaple) when her friends woke and found her unconscious on Sunday morning at around 6:30am.

Paramedics were called and tried to revive her but she died at the scene. Her two friends were taken to North Devon District Hospital to be checked over.

A spokeswoman for Devon and Cornwall Police said: ”We were called to a campsite in Saunton Road in Braunton after a 20-year-old woman from Hampshire died.

Police are not treating the death as suspicious. Next of kin have been informed and formal identification is being carried out.

A post-mortem will be carried out to establish a cause of death.

Braunton Burrows

 

Listen Live to Andover Radio

About the author

Avatar

Love Andover

1 Comment

Click here to post a comment
  • what awful news. I hope the friends and family can cope with such an unexpected loss. my heart goes out to you

On Air Now

Advertisement

Upcoming Events

  1. Flashback Fridays

    January 24 @ 7:00 pm - 12:00 am
  2. SIMPLY reRED

    January 24 @ 8:00 pm - 10:30 pm
  3. Celebrate Chinese New Year at Andover library

    January 25 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
error: Content is protected !!