Under the new legislation brought in by the UK Government under the current virus situation, the following are the only reasons you are permitted out and about.
The Police now have the powers to enforce these laws with a fine and/or arrest.
1. To shop for basic necessities like food and medical supplies for people in your own household or for someone vulnerable; this includes shopping for pet food. You are also able to shop for supplies needed to keep your home maintained (where absolutely essential), or to obtain money.
2. To take exercise either alone or with other members of their household. This does not include travelling in a motor vehicle, or taking public transport, to a location away from your home. Exercise is running, walking or cycling. Working on your allotment plot is also included as exercise.
3. To seek medical assistance.
4. To provide care or support to someone vulnerable, or provide emergency assistance.
These are the main 4. Other reasons include:
5. To donate blood.
6. To travel for the purposes of work only where it is not possible to work or provide services from home, including voluntary or charitable roles.
7. To attend a funeral, but only when they are a member of your household or a close family member. If the deceased doesn’t have any family attending, you are able to attend as a friend.
8. To fulfill legal obligations, like attending court hearings or to take part in legal proceedings.
9. To access critical public services. You can visit childcare or educational facilities where they are still available or social services. You are able to access services provided by the Department of Work and Pensions, or services for victims (of crime, for example).
10. To co-parent. Parents who are separated can continue their existing parenting arrangements.
11. To go to a place of worship, but only if you are a minister of religion or worship leader.
12. To move house, but only where this is absolutely necessary.
13. To avoid injury or illness or to escape a risk of harm.
Although not included in the legislation, the government says owners of animals, such as horses, can tend to them.
Regardless of the reasons above, if you have symptoms of coronavirus you must remain at home for 7 days, or 14 days as a household.