News

Fire at Andover Education Centre

There was a fire this evening on the grounds of the Andover Education Centre on Smannell Road. [Read more...]

There was a fire this evening on the grounds of the Andover Education Centre on Smannell Road.

Firefighter spraying foam on the fire.
Firefighter spraying foam on the fire.

The fire, which firefighters suspect was arson, was amongst a large pile of blue plastic containers on grounds to the rear of the building, the building itself was left undamaged. On scene just after 6pm, firefighters said the fire was put out within minutes using foam.

Speaking to our reporter Ryan Sutton at the scene, one local resident said “I went in to tell the guys [firefighters] that there was a load of bottles like the ones near the fire, a hoody and an empty petrol can, they were the same bottles that were by the fire“.

The Police and Firefighters remain on scene in an attempt to determine the exact cause of the fire. The Scene after the fire.

Shepherds Spring School Fire - RT
Shepherds Spring School Fire – Image by RT

This is the second fire at an Andover school this month, earlier in September a fire caused damage to the boiler room and roof of Winton Community Academy.

Listen Live to Andover Radio

On Air Now

Upcoming Events

  1. Christmas at Marwell

    November 16 - December 24
  2. Tea with Santa 2019

    November 24 @ 4:00 pm - December 23 @ 5:00 pm
  3. Breakfast with Santa

    November 30 @ 9:00 am - December 24 @ 10:00 am
error: Content is protected !!