Police are appealing for information and witnesses after a number of garages were broken into in Launcelot Close in Andover.
Overnight on Monday, June 10 into Tuesday, June 11, several garages were broken into. Padlocks were cut off locks to gain access. It is not clear what, if anything has been taken at this time.
PC Rachel Cassells said: “Did you see anything suspicious in the area on Monday night or the early hours of Tuesday?”
Police are also offering the following simple crime prevention advice:
- Replace all tools and garden equipment in locked sheds and garages.
- Secure more expensive items e.g. mowers and bikes with a padlock and chain within the shed or garage.
- Mark all items with postcode and record serial numbers.
- Take photographs of items such as statues and garden furniture if they are unusual, for easy identification at a later date
- Record details of valuables on www.immobilise.com
Anyone with any information is asked to contact PC Cassells at Andover Police Station on 101 or call the charity Crimestoppers line on 0800 555 111 where information can be left anonymously.