Several weeks into the new £3.5m Andover Bus Station and there seems very little progress with currently just a wooden fence erected and car park fire escape re-directed.
Contractors Osborne have posted a Newsletter dated 3rd June on the fence giving details of the plans for work during June. These include:
- Taking delivery of their site cabin offices
- Erecting a hoarding to enclose the old “Shop Mobility”
- Starting demolition of the old “Shop Mobility”
- Erecting a protective scaffold to the Chantry Centre entrance and walkway
- Starting demolition of the current Chantry and Bus Shelter canopies
The scaffolding is planned to go up during the night of Monday 17th June to minimise disruption to the Chantry Centre however demolition work is planned between 8:00am and 6:00pm so as to minimise noise to nearby residents.