Do you want free staff – not stuff – STAFF!?!
Yes – you read that right… this is a fully backed government initiative that is an unbelievable opportunity for business owners across the country. The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to employers to create job placements for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit.
Following the disaster of 2020 – the younger generation were the worst affected, with the most recorded redundancies. The economy of the country has been severely hit, so to help get the younger generation back into work whilst simultaneously stimulating the economy – the Kickstart Scheme was born!
To apply you can go direct through the DWP or go through a Gateway Company.
A gateway company is someone who is already pre-approved by the DWP.
They should tell you:
- what support will be offered (for example helping young people with writing their CV and preparing for an interview)
- when they will provide this support (for example halfway through their job placement or towards the end)
- how many hours it will take
- who will provide the support (for example they may already have a pre-existing relationship with training providers or ask you to help with this)
- how they will monitor this support
- how the young person can provide feedback during their job placement and afterwards, and how this will be acted on
If you apply directly (not through a gateway) you will need to explain how you are going to train the member of staff, during the 6 months, to enhance and expand their knowledge, so that after the 6 months, they become more employable.
Things like CV writing, interview technique, how to hit targets and goals… all things so that the employee is better set up after their time with you.
The government will pay:
- £1500 grant upon acceptance of the employee (to be used on training and business support for the employee inc. Personal protection equipment, uniform, software, laptops)
- Min. Wage paid for 6 months
- National Insurance contributions paid for 6 months
- Pension Contributions paid for 6 months.
After the 6 months, you are not obliged, contractually, to keep the member of staff, if they are good at their job and they have helped your business grow, you may well ask them to stay on as a member of staff.
You can pay the employee more money I.e. commission/bonuses/overtime/additional money per hour – but this is at your own discretion.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to grow and expand your business, at NO COST.
If you’d like to know more about it – all you have to do is contact me – Adam@itsthemoneyguy.com