The A34 in Hampshire is closed southbound between the A303 and the A272 near Sutton Scotney due to a serious collision.
Hampshire Police, who are among the emergency services on scene, said “The A34 is currently shut southbound at Bullington Cross following a serious crash involving a mini-bus carry 5 people. The vehicle crashed at around 4.40am just South of Sutton Scotney Services.
“It’s likely the road will remain shut for sometime. Diversions are currently in place. We’d ask you to avoid the area for now if possible as the road is likely to be shut for sometime while the incident is dealt with.”
Traffic is being diverted via the solid triangle diversion symbol.
- Exit the A34 southbound at Bullington Cross Interchange.
- At the roundabout, take the first exit and joint the link road.
- Follow to the next roundabout and then take the second exit to join the A303 eastbound.
- Continue for 6 miles and join the M3 at J8. Continue and follow until J7.
- Exit, and then take the fourth exit to rejoin the M3 southbound towards J9 at Winchester, to then continue your journey.
Please allow extra time for your journey should you be travelling in the area this morning.