The A34 in Hampshire is closed southbound between the junctions with the A343 (Wash Common Interchange) and the A303 (Bullington Cross Interchange) due to the recovery of an overturned HGV.
The incident occurred earlier this morning, however, recovery was delayed until after the rush hour period to ensure that at least one lane remained open during the morning peak.
Traffic is being diverted via the ‘Solid Triangle’ diversion symbol.
- Leave at the Wash Common Interchange, taking the 3rd exit to join the A343.
- Continue on the A343 for approximately 14 miles, to Andover.
- At the junction with the A3093, take the first exit and join the A3093 (Churchill Way), continuing over 2 roundabouts to the junction with the A303 (Picket Twenty Interchange).
- Take the 1st exit and join the A303 eastbound, continuing for approximately 5 miles to the A34 (Bullington Cross Interchange).
- From here, follow signs to rejoin the A34 southbound.
Due to the complex nature of the recovery, the closure is expected to remain in place for some time. Road users are advised to allow additional travel time and to consider alternative routes where possible.