Andover has many waste providers and, until now, there hasn’t been a standard approach to collecting waste in town. Bags can end up scattered, bins ill placed and waste is sometimes left for days or even weeks making Andover town look dirty, unsightly and unloved. Andover BID promised it’s members it would work towards a solution for this, and it has done exactly that. Introducing a waste Charter which includes:
- A competitive waste rate
- A regular collection
- Recycling service, including office recyclables
- Choice of size bins/bags
- Reliability & a back up should issues arise.
- Provided by a proven and long established family owned & operated service.
The partners in this Scheme are:
- Andover BID
- Business partners, retail, office & leisure sector (members)
- Grist Environmental Services
The service has been negotiated to be cost neutral to Andover BID and offers members a preferential rate and service. The charter meets the crtieria of improving perceptions under objective of the BID business strategy.
- Preferred rates to BID members
- No tied in or contractual period
- Regular collections
- All waster recycled – No landfill
- Seperate facility for glass/cardboard/food waste
- Business recyclables service to include confidential shredding, and IT equipment disposal
- Modern and well-maintained collection vehicles with camera monitoring
- Waste bins branded Andover BID working in partnership with Grist Environmental
- 24/7 manned telephone waste help desk.
This service is offered to BID members. Non-BID members may participate at higher rates.