South Western Railway has announced changes to some journeys due to the snow and freezing weather forecast for today (Thursday 1st March).
In a statement from the company, they advise passengers to check if their train is running before leaving for the station.
South West Railways Statement
Snow and ice have been forecast across our network this week. Please check if your trains are running before you leave for the station.
Following further advice, we’re making a number of changes to the train service on Thursday 1 March. For the entire day:
• Trains between Hampton Court and London Waterloo will not run.
• Berrylands station will be closed all day.
• Trains between Chessington South and London Waterloo will not run
• Trains between Dorking and London Waterloo will not run
• Trains between Salisbury and London Waterloo will run between Salisbury and Basingstoke. Our trains between Exeter St Davids and London Waterloo will run as normal.
We’re working with our partners Network Rail to help reduce the disruption the snow and ice can cause. For more information about how we work with Network Rail to combat delays caused by poor weather conditions, you can visit Network Rail’s Delays Explained here.
We’re sorry if your journey is impacted by the weather this week.
South Western Railway