Officers investigating a burglary in Launcelot Close on 18 October are issuing an e-fit of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
It is alleged that sometime between 5am and 5.30am a man entered a property via an insecure rear door and stole an iphone 6, Acer Laptop and two sets of car keys. The man was discovered when he was leaving the property.
The man was described as:
- Slim build
- About 5′ 6” tall
- Fair / mousey-coloured hair
- He was wearing a black hooded top, grey jogging bottoms and white trainers
Police would like to hear from any witnesses to this incident, or anyone who recognises the man from the e-fit or from the description given.
Police also issued a reminder to people of their crime prevention advice to keep homes safe and secure:
- keep front and back doors locked, even when you’re at home
- install a burglar alarm with a visible alarm box
- fit a door chain and spyhole for extra security
- keep all valuables and keys out of sight and out of reach of doors and windows
- store high value items in a hidden safe
- mark your belongings and register them for free with Immobilise
- fit energy efficient security lighting
- don’t leave spare keys in obvious places such as under doormats or plant pots
- keep items that could be used to break into your property such as ladders, tools and wheelie bins stored safely away
- lock side gates to prevent easy access to the rear of the property
- check fencing regularly to keep it in good repair
- use pea shingle on driveways or under windows, as it crunches loudly when stepped on
- trim overgrown hedges and plants to remove hiding places and improve surveillance
- use a timer switch to make your house look occupied, even when it isn’t
- consider joining or forming a Neighbourhood Watch scheme
If you have any information relating to this case, please call 101 quoting reference ‘44170404493’, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously.