The Rotary Club of Andover is again supporting the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) programme run by Rotary Wessex this year. RYLA is a leadership development programme for young people run in many forms by Rotary around the world. The local RYLA event will be a single one-day programme held at The Tile Barn Outdoor Centre, Brockenhurst on Saturday 26 June 2021.
The programme gives young people hands-on challenges to grow a variety of skills and sets out to give participants the opportunity to:
· Gain exposure to leadership scenarios
· Explore problem-solving strategies as part of a team
· Discuss and apply creative approaches to leadership and conflict management
· Build confidence in themselves and what they can achieve
· Meet new people and make lasting friendships
· Learn how to arrange youth activities and community service projects locally and internationally.
• A Leader is confident, speaks out, listens and understands, be the best they can be.
• Teamwork exercises, different walks of life, safe environment, know each other, no exclusion or negativity.
• Rotary members are DBS checked and risk assessments including Covid-19 are carried out and implemented.
• Numbers are limited but Rotary Andover will sponsor at least two young people to attend this course.
• There is no cost to parents whose children are selected and attend the programme
The programme is open to Year 11 and 12 young people (not younger than 14 nor older than 17 years). Applicants should have the potential to be future leaders, but may not have had adequate opportunity to demonstrate this in their current environment. Applicants may be required to attend an interview, either live or virtual, with Rotarians before selection, the details of which will be agreed with them in due course. Parents of selected candidates will be required to pay a £10.00 fully refundable “attendance” deposit.
Application need to be no later than Friday 14 May 2021, email Cecil Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.