The government has confirmed that Andover will be placed into Tier 2 from next week.
The announcement affects all of Hampshire (except Southampton and Portsmouth) and all of Wiltshire. Tier 2 is classed as a ‘High Level’ tier, meaning restrictions are placed on what we can do ahead of Christmas.
Tier Two Rules
- You cannot socialise with other households indoors
- You may meet in a group of up to six outside – including in a garden, or a public place
- Shops, gyms and personal care services like hairdressers may reopen (if Covid-secure)
- Pubs and bars can only open and serve alcohol if they are also serving substantial meals
- Local sports may resume with up to 2,000 spectators, or 50% capacity (whichever is smaller)
- Worshiping and weddings may resume (with restrictions)
- Non-essential foreign travel is allowed, subject to further rules
The announcement is unlikely to be welcomed by locally-owned pubs. More to follow…