From just after midnight last night (Wednesday 2nd December 2020), Andover was officially placed in to tier two (high).
Almost all of England has been placed into the high (Tier Two) and very high (Tier Three) coronavirus risk categories. This will be reviewed every 14 days, with the first review on Wednesday 16th December. Here is a reminder of what being in Tier Two means:
- You cannot socialise indoors with anyone you do not live with, or who is not in your support bubble
- You may meet in a group of up to six outside – this includes gardens or in a public place
- Shops, gyms and personal care services can reopen (this includes barbers and hairdressers)
- Pubs can open but only if they serve substantial meals. Alcohol is an accompaniment to that meal
- Pubs and restaurants must shut at 11:00pm (last orders called at 10:00pm)
- Sports can resume (restrictions on capacity)
- Worship and weddings may resume (with restrictions)
- Non-essential foreign travel is allowed subject to further quarantine rules
- People are advised not to travel to a Tier Three area
What we are all still wondering is, “does a Scotch Egg actually class as a ‘substantial meal'”?