Booster jabs will be offered to everyone over 18 in England from this week, the PM announced yesterday ( Sunday 12th December) as he declared an “Omicron emergency”. A new target has been set to give boosters to all adults who want one by the end of the month.
Andover PCN has helped deliver over 59,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine when they were based at the The Lights in Andover. They are now set up at the old Brighthouse building in the Chantry centry (opposite Boswels Cafe).
Andover Primary Care Network is a collaborative project involving the following GP Surgeries:
- Adelaide Medical Centre
- Andover Health Centre Medical Practice
- Charlton Hill Surgery
- Shepherds Spring Medical Centre
- St Mary’s Surgery
The following Covid vaccinations that are available at the Andover Vaccination Clinic are;
- Boosters (3 months after 2nd Jab) Priority still being given to over 40’s and 16 years and over -1st Pfizer
- 18 years and over- 2nd Pfizer (8 weeks after your first)
- 16 to 18 years -2nd Pfizer (12 weeks after your first)
- Walk ins – Due to a wider shortage of vaccine – Limited numbers are available at each clinic they are given on a first come first served basis.
Opening hours for this week are,
- Monday 13th Dec am – 8.30 to 12.00
- Tuesday 14th Dec pm – 13.30 to 17.00
- Wednesday 15th Dec pm – 13.30 to 17.00
- Thursday 16th Dec am – 8.30 to 12.00
- Friday 17th Dec am – 8.30 to 12.00
The NHS say, “Following the Prime Minister’s announcement (12 December 2021) that everyone over 18 will have received a COVID-19 booster by 31 December, we would like to reassure you we will have sufficient vaccines to achieve this new target across Hampshire and Isle of Wight and ensure everyone eligible is as protected as possible, Your GP will contact you when it is your turn to receive the jab“
Please remember that the Andover Vaccination Clinic is mostly run by volunteers ,if you would like to help please contact Unity on 0330 4004 116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org