Dmitrijs Meiksans, the Member of Youth Parliament (MYP) for North West Hampshire, has announced he will be undertaking a 12 hour YouTube live-stream in aid of charities and youth organisations during the Coronavirus.
The Youth MP for North West Hampshire, 14, will be live-streaming from 8AM until 8PM on the 20th June 2020 on YouTube to fundraise for five different charities and organisations:
- British Youth Council, a youth charity looking to empower young people to use their voices
- Hampshire Youth Parliament, Hampshire’s division of the UK Youth Parliament
- Unity, a local Test Valley charity which aims to ‘put unity back into the community’
- Andover Trees United, a charity bringing together the community to build a woodland for all to enjoy
- DMK Worldwide, Dmitrijs’ very own youth organisation, will also receive a small percentage of the profits
For more information on the organisations it is benefiting, visit www.dmitrijsmeiksansmyp.weebly.com
A confirmed guest is Test Valley Borough Council leader Cllr Phil North, who will be chatting things all Test Valley from 11:30am to midday.
Dmitrijs said “I guess this is my way of giving back to the amazing organisations and charities that I am proud to be a part of. During these turbulent times, it is hard for charities and organisations to survive so I wanted to do something for them.”
The livestream will feature people from various industries and backgrounds to look at the work they are doing and what impact COVID has had on them. The livestream will focus on positivity, how we can stay healthy both physically and mentally, and what people can do to stay involved in times like these. It will also aim to bring a bit of joy to people watching, during these uncertain times. The livestream will be speaking to a huge variety of people from MPs to musicians.