Motorists who leave their vehicles in beauty spot car parks are being reminded to keep their vehicles secure following a theft at Danebury Hill Fort car park.
The incident occurred between 9.15am and 9.55am on Wednesday, May 29 while the owner of the vehicle was walking her dog.
The window of her BMW 320D car was smashed and a bag stolen from the rear seat.
Officers have descriptions of two suspects seen in the area.
They are both described as white, aged in their early 20s, tall and of slim build. One was wearing a distinctive royal blue hooded top and trainers and the other man was wearing a grey hooded top and trainers.
PC Simon Beecroft, from the Stockbridge Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “Were you in the area of Danebury Hill Fort around this time? Did you see either of these men, or anyone else acting suspiciously? If so, please get in touch.
“If you are one of the men described, please contact us so we can eliminate you from our enquiries.”
Beauty spots often attract thieves due to visitors leaving valuables in their vehicles unattended to try and reduce incidents in your area, consider the following:
- Try to park in sign-posted parking areas
- Be cautious about parking your car in isolation. Thieves can be put off when other people are around
- Do not leave anything in your vehicle. A jacket or coat left behind may be of very little value to you, but a thief may think it has been used to hide a laptop or handbag and will break into your vehicle to find out
- Take items with you rather than locking them in the boot, you can’t be sure who has seen you
- Before you leave home, think about what you need and leave any unnecessary items of value at home
- Make sure you do not leave documents which have your personal details on in your vehicle
- Do not leave your sat-nav in your vehicle and don’t forget to remove the cradle and wipe the sucker marks from your windscreen
- Remember to shut all windows and sunroofs and lock all doors. Activate the alarm and immobiliser
- Make use of any security products you might have such as steering locks
- Whilst enjoying the sights make sure you keep your bag and possessions with you
- Register all your valubles on www.immobilse.com
Anyone with any information should contact PC Beecroft at Stockbridge on 101 or call the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555 111.