Alexis Boon Confirmed as New Chief Constable for Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary

Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary has officially confirmed Alexis Boon as its new Chief Constable. The appointment was approved by the Police and Crime Panel on Monday 24 June, following Police and Crime Commissioner Donna Jones naming him as her preferred candidate earlier this month.

Alexis Boon & Donna Jones
Image: Office of the Police & Crime Commissioner for Hampshire & Isle of Wight

PCC Donna Jones said:

“I am delighted Alexis will be the next Chief Constable of Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary and I would like to take this moment to congratulate him.

“Alexis is one of the most senior and experienced national and international counter terrorism leaders in the country.

“The skill set he brings to this role will pay dividends to us here in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight in our changing climate.”

With over 25 years in policing, Alexis Boon began his career with Surrey Police before moving to the Metropolitan Police, where he worked extensively in counter terrorism. He has led hundreds of operations across the UK and internationally, including the response to the Syria conflict and multiple major terrorist incidents in London.

More recently, he held the role of Deputy Assistant Commissioner for local policing, leading over 20,000 officers and staff across London.

Mr Boon said:

“I am honoured to have been chosen as the next Chief Constable of Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary and look forward to working with Police and Crime Commissioner Donna Jones to keep our communities safe and deliver the best policing services we can.

“Lots of great work has already been done here by the dedicated officers, staff and volunteers. I’m here to build upon this work and equip, support and enable this exceptional team to deliver even better policing for all communities.”

He is expected to officially take up the role in August.

Scroll to Top