Looking for some spooky Halloween fun to have in Andover?
Trick or treating
Here are some top tips from safekids.org on keeping our children safe whilst out trick or treating.
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors. Since masks can sometimes obstruct a child’s vision, try non-toxic face paint and makeup whenever possible.
- Have kids use glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- Children under the age of 12 should not be alone at night without adult supervision. If kids are mature enough to be out without supervision, remind them to stick to familiar areas that are well lit and trick-or-treat in groups.
- Popular trick-or-treating hours are 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. so be especially alert for kids during those hours.
- When selecting a costume make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls.
Spooky walks in Andover
There is only one place to go in Andover for a spooky walk !!!
Iron Bridge/Ladies Walk
The story that most people who live in Andover know is of the ghost of the White Lady who haunts over and below the bridge. It’s told that there was a young girl who stole a horse and was chased and she and the horse jumped off the bridge,and the hoof beats are often heard up there at night.
Do you know of any local spooky stories ?
We would love to know them, please email us your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kids Halloween parties in Andover
Alternative Haloween parties
Some parents are not happy about their children trick or treating. Others do not approve of how Halloween celebrates darkness and fear with scary masks, costumes or activities. Some seek a Halloween alternative because of what they see is a negative influence at Halloween, one that encourages poor behavior. A Light Party is a family oriented event that provides fun and values in a safe environment.
Do you know of a great Halloween/light party that we should all be in the know about?
Then please add to the event diary here
Enjoy Halloween as a family !!
Looking to see what else is going on during October Halfterm?. Click here to have a read of our Halfterm guide.