Andover’s Santa Fun Run is back.
The organisation team from Valley Leisure are now recruiting for volunteers on the day.
This year’s event is on Sunday 9th December between 8.00am and 10.30am.
This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who want to help give something back to the community and assist in the running of an event that sees an ever-growing crowd of Santa’s turning the centre of Andover Red, getting everyone into the Christmas spirit as well as raising funds for the I Can Therapy Centre which enables people to Move More & Feel Better.
- A suitable candidate for the role will be:
- Ensuring the safety of all the participants that are competing in the event
- The road closures are put into effect in accordance with the Town Police Clauses Act 1847
- Assisting in the setting up and take down of the event in the Methodist Church and at Road Closure points
- Positively promoting the event to generate new and returning participants.
- Any First Aid experience would be desirable
There will be a lead Assistant Manager from Valley leisure that will be point of contact on the day for the organising of the marshalling. This will include when closures need to happen and when to re-open the roads.
Each marshal will be given a radio on the day to communicate with the lead Marshall in key places other form of communication will be by mobile phone where required.
If you want to help with this fun annual event please call 01264 568195 or to apply, please send your written application to:
Dan Flippance, Assistant Manager by email here: email@example.com