Here we have put together five Easter activities that i think you will enjoy doing at home with your children.
1.Blow an Egg
To do this you need to use a needle to pierce the shell, the membrane, and the yolk at both ends of the egg. Try and make the hole at the bottom of the egg slightly larger than the one at the top.
Then, place a straw over the smaller hole at the top of the egg and gently blow the contents of the egg out into a bowl (which you can use for cooking if you wish). Once the egg is empty, gently rinse it out and then leave to dry.
Once you’ve got your eggs ready then it’s a simple case of painting and decorating it.
2.Build an Easter Garden
St Marys Church in Andover have shared a YouTube video, on how to make an Easter garden
Have you seen the Easter Garden that they have created at St Pauls Church in Andover?. Read more here
3.Make some Easter Yummy Treats
These Easter Egg Frozen Yoghurt Lollies takes minutes to make and is so easy the Kids will love making them as much as they will love eating them.
You will need;
- Any Fruit of your choice
- wooden lollipop sticks
- Any Yoghurt of your choice,
- An Easter egg mould.
Using a spoon to pour some yoghurt into the mould, making sure to cover the sides. Chop up the fruit you are using and place it into the yoghurt, Put another layer of yoghurt on top so it is flush with the top of the mould and hides the fruit Wedge the wooden lolly pop sticks into the yoghurt, Place in the freezer for a few hours until completely frozen Once completely frozen you will be able to easily push them out of the silicone mould.
4.Make an Easter bonnet
An easy way to make an Easter Bonnet/ Hat, is to cut a strip of cardboard that will fit around your child’s head and decorate however your child wishes
We would love to see your child’s Easter Bonnet creations please send them into us at email@example.com
For something a bit fancy….
HobbyCraft have this great Youtube video on how to make an Easter Bonnet.
5.Make a Pinata
This idea comes from Out of the Box art studios in Andover
Pinata isn’t difficult to make and the great news is not costly at all , just takes alittle time but trust me it is worth it the end .
- A balloon
- Glue ,( I used wallpaper paste) but you could use PVA with part water or good old flour and water paste
- Tissue paper
- Masking tape
- Sweet or any other small goodies
How to make
- Inflate balloon
- Tear news paper into strips, applying the glue onto the balloon, smoothly as you start pasting on the strips of newspaper for your first layer
- In total 3 players should make it nice and strong letting each layer dry inbetween before adding your next one
- when it is completely dry pop the balloon and take it out of the pinata .
- Cut a small hole out then stuff with sweets . Cover hole with masking tape.
- Using the card make your cones and then tape to your pinata. (as shown in the photos)
- Decorated the body with tissue paper.
Local Easter events and activies that are taking place in Andover and surrounding areas can be found here
We would love to see your Easter activities ideas, send us your idea with a photo and we will share online and onair to other local families , giving full credit to you for your ideas and suggestions. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org