Purse looking a bit empty ? Looking for some free entertainment for the children to do in Andover?
Here we have our top suggestions for you to enjoy with your children in Andover for free.
Visit the Park
Parks can be visited at all times of year and they can provide hours of free activity for our children to enjoy.
A list of local parks in Andover can be found here.
Visit the Andover library
Chantry Centre , Andover SP10 1LT
Andover Library re opened on Tuesday 7 July.
To ensure the safety of staff and customers they will be:
– Opening at different times and for fewer hours
– Asking people who are feeling unwell not to visit the library
– Limiting the number of people who can visit and the time spent inside the library
– Asking people who can to pre-book some services, including the public computers
– Launching a mobile App so you can manage your loans, returns and reservations from your smartphone
For updates please visit www.hants.gov.uk/library
The Iron Age side of the museum will be open (not the Andover Museum side) on Sat 1 August and on Thurs 10am – 5pm, Friday 10am – 5pm and Sat 10am – 4pm .
Entry will be by pre-booked FREE tickets. Book your ticket via this link here
Feeding the ducks in Andover
Going to feed the ducks is a timeless activity – one which many of us enjoyed doing as children ourselves, and enjoy doing with our own children now.
My top places to feed the ducks in Andover are
- Town Mills Pocket Park set alongside the River Anton.
- Rooksbury Mill, Rooksbury Mill Local nature Reserve, Barlows Lane, Andover SP10 2HA
- Anton Lakes Local Nature Reserve, Andover, Hampshire SP10 3SY.
Please remember NOT to feed them bread as we now know this is bad for ducks. Ducks enjoy eating Grapes, Lettuce, Frozen peas and sweetcorn, Oats,Seeds, Rice.
If you know of something that’s free that I have missed please email me the details so that i can add here to ensure all local families are in the know about it. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org