On the July 28th 2021, Andover Job Centre held their first job fair since the start of the pandemic, this job fair focused around kickstart . As exam results have just been realised, we thought this would be an ideal time to remind young people in Andover one of the options that is available to them.
Kickstart scheme has been set up by Government to help bridge the gap in employment for young individuals. The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to create new jobs for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit who are at risk of long term unemployment.
Adam Phillips tells us more about the scheme here
The local employers who were at the job fair:
- Aspire defences – A range of admin and HR job roles working for Aspire based out at Tidworth TRG Logistics, Warehouse job roles based within Andover
- Hawk conservancy – Customer services and admin roles based out on the outskirts of Andover
- Rosebourne – Finances and admin job roles based at Andover local garden centre
- Tide 55 – Content writer and researcher for a digital marketing company based in Andover
- Wyke down – A range of hospitality and maintenances job roles available based out at Wyke down
- Andover Radio – Junior digital content writer for the local radio station
- Brooklands driving school – A range of driving instructor and admin job roles based in Andover
- Monopoly – A range of insurances job roles from general admin to sales based in Andover
- Vitacress ( is a non kickstart employer) – Warehouse and factory operator job roles based out in St Mary Bourne
Do you know of a local business looking to offer young people an employment opportunity, them please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org