There was a fire this evening on the grounds of the Andover Education Centre on Smannell Road.
The fire, which firefighters suspect was arson, was amongst a large pile of blue plastic containers on grounds to the rear of the building, the building itself was left undamaged. On scene just after 6pm, firefighters said the fire was put out within minutes using foam.
Speaking to our reporter Ryan Sutton at the scene, one local resident said “I went in to tell the guys [firefighters] that there was a load of bottles like the ones near the fire, a hoody and an empty petrol can, they were the same bottles that were by the fire“.
This is the second fire at an Andover school this month, earlier in September a fire caused damage to the boiler room and roof of Winton Community Academy.